Good morning SNAPI colleagues!
(“SNAPI” is the StreamNet Application Program Interface.)
Here is the agenda for next Tuesday’s StreamNet tech committee meeting.
- Purpose and need (Mike & Bill)
- Expectation is the API will fully replace Bill’s routines
- Brief general description of Bill’s current rules and processes for various tables/data types (Bill)
- In general: how the API works — a) what you send; b) validation; c) what you get back (Greg)
- Which tables/data types will the API serve? (Greg)
- PSMFC proposes not denormalizing, but instead using our current SN DES tables and codes.
- Which tables? If any are not included, how will those data be exchanged?
- Instances where options/alternatives will exist? (e.g., Distribution? Dams? Hatcheries?)
- New field(s) needed in SN DES to meet API needs (Greg & Mike)
- ID field
- Anything else?
- GIS in relation to the tables and API (Van)
- Quick demo if any interest — PSMFC API interface using Access (Mike)
- Does everyone have the resources and knowledge they need? Help needed? (Greg)
- WDFW, ODFW, MFWP, IDFG — Got it covered, yes?
- USFWS …?
- CRITFC …?
- CCT …?
- Target dates (Greg)
- Validation rules completed — January 31
- Data providers programming and testing completed — April 30
- Full switch over for all new data — May 1
- All partners confirm successful add, modify, and delete records in all tables — May 15
The previous email had the wrong times listed. We will start at 9:00 next Tuesday (12/12/17). We have 2 hours allotted but it shouldn’t take that long.
Phone: 855-257-8693 PIN 8947879
StreamNet Fisheries Biologist
Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission