Regional Efforts & StreamNet
The figure describes the 11 groups that contribute to the implementation of StreamNet.
The wide horizontal box at the top represents the StreamNet Program, which is a cooperative fisheries management information and data dissemination project in the Columbia River basin and the Pacific Northwest.
Under the StreamNet Program box there are 4 columns of boxes for each of the 4 groups that contribute to the implementation of the StreamNet Program. These 4 group of boxes are described below.
- StreamNet committees and teams
- StreamNet Executive Committee: a forum for the community of aquatic monitoring practitioners in the Pacific Northwest.
- StreamNet Steering Committee: Provides metadata on monitoring protocols for data submitted to StreamNet data systems.
- StreamNet Teams and CAP Teams: Facilitates collaboration with biologists to inform and improve data accessed from StreamNet data systems.
- Pacific Northwest Aquatic Monitoring Partnership (PNAMP) and its tool and work group.
- PNAMP: a forum for the community of aquatic monitoring practitioners in the Pacific Northwest.
- PNAMP MonitoringResources.org: Provides metadata on monitoring protocols for data submitted to StreamNet data systems and offers a suite of tools and resources that support coordination of monitoring efforts, cost-effective planning.
- PNAMP Fish Monitoring Work Group: Facilitates collaboration with biologists to inform and improve data accessed from StreamNet data systems, as well as supporting communication and coordination among fish monitoring practitioners in the Pacific Northwest for effective monitoring and assessment methods and efficient data sharing.
- Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission (CRITFC) and its project and library
- Columbia River Inter-Tribal Fish Commission (CRITFC): coordinates management policy and provides fisheries technical services for the Yakama, Warm Springs, Umatilla, and Nez Perce tribes.
- CRITFC Inter-Tribal Monitoring Data (ITMD): facilitates data submittal to StreamNet by supporting fisheries and habitat data management at Nez Perce Tribe, Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation, Confederated Tribes and Bands of the Yakama Nation, and Confederated Tribes of the Warm Springs Reservation of Oregon.
- CRITFC Columbia Basin Fish & Wildlife Library: Provides access to documents containing metadata for data submitted to StreamNet data systems and to current and historic information on the Columbia River Basin to inform scientific, policy, and cultural research.
- Coordinated Assessments Partnership (CAP) and its team
- Coordinated Assessments Partnership (CAP): Is co-sponsored by StreamNet and PNAMP and informs regional data sharing priorities exchanged using StreamNet data systems.
- CAP Core Team (facilitated by PNAMP):supports discussion among partners and projects implementing the CAP 5-year Plan